- I don’t like rhubarb.
- I adore tassels and fringe.
- At 18 years old all my art supplies fit in a 12″ by 9″ basket…
♥ Jealous Heart ♥
I just started a new tin as well. This one is being mod podged with torn brown paper bags. I bought THEE most awesome BIG buttons yesterday at Walmart that I’ll be using as the “centerpiece” of the next Spam-Can. So tune in tomorrow to see what I’m doing with paper bags, buttons, and old cans. I’m loving making the old new again. It’s really a fun process. I’m going to be making and posting these treasure holders on Etsy so be sure to check in soon in my shop to see what creative mischief I’ve been up to.
Again… it’s hump day and time for a few “secrets” about me.
- I just tested myself for ADHD as I’m usually back and forth during the creative process… Thankfully I failed the test.
- I usually take only half the meds my doc prescribes as some really aren’t necessary and they make me REALLY thirsty.
- I’m an art supply hoarder and REALLY miss my old wallpaper books I had to abandon ten years ago.
My desk is looking like a pile of paints and papers today as I’ve started the new painting and my fingers have various shades of blues and greens on them as I type. I love a beautiful mess like that! I’ll be playing a bit today but will be calling it short as my hubs has a short day at work and is then off to buy a BBQ and I’ll likely be making burgers this afternoon.
It’s already Wednesday so I have some whispers to share today… come real close so no one else hears while I whisper in your ear!
- I believe that God shows me things through birds.
- In my early twenties I became absolutely fascinated with birds and studied and read up on them.
- I am in love with my new gas stove – and have cooked birds… just chickens.. in it.
- I have a twisted sense of humor!
The ideas are starting to accumulate now as I thought they might as I started getting really involved in the creative process of making them. Again… if you have ANY thoughts, please share them. I’d LOVE to hear what you’re input is. I think a trip to The Dollar Tree might help me find some other ways to showcase these “gigantic” little gems! =)
It’s Wednesday already… seriously where does the time go. I haven’t yet had the chance to take the pictures I wanted of my studio and bedroom to share with you. I must confess…. I was glued to my Kindle till around 3:00AM reading “The Lone Survivor” by Marcus Lutrell. If you’re anything like me and LOVE our troops… this is a must read. I closed the Kindle last night when I hit chapter 3 and I’m LOVING Marcus and his story.
- I love our troops with great passion and now proudly live in a military neighborhood.
- We are having our first “dinner” guests this weekend for dinner and if it rains we’ll be eating on the couches as we have NO table yet.
- I’ve revised my “Wist List” as I’ve received several of the items on it in the past week.
Drop in tomorrow to find out what I’ve purchased on my weekly grocery outing!
- I just started playing one of those stupid Facebook games… Gardens of Time. Fun, but I hope it passes soon!
- I’ve been drinking Coke instead of coffee since we moved… What a “breakfast” huh?!
- I’m addicted to creating! Oh wait… you may have figured that one out.
See you tomorrow with some bookmarks to share. GOD bless!
Today is another sunny day here in the Pacific Northwest so I took advantage of the beautiful lighting and took a picture out the stair landing window. We have a gorgeous maple tree outside that will bring many seasons of joy and color!
Saturday will be our 2nd week in our new home and it’s such a joy to wake up in such a big house and have so much room to wiggle about in. It’s very strange to be in such a vast space after living the “apartment” life for the past 10 years. I can you that I absolutely LOVE it though!
It’s Whispering Wednesday once again and time to share a secret or two about myself…so here goes!
- I save all the greeting cards I get and make boxes with some of them.
- I still haven’t hung my clothes up… they are all still packed in garbage bags ~ I’ve been alternating my shorts and tee shirts on a bi-daily basis. (SO much work to do – I don’t need to muck up all my clothes… just a few!)
My whisper for this Wednesday is a very loud “YIPEE!”
■ Hoarders ■
I only have one whisper today for Whispering Wednesday and that is:
- I hate packing!
Now for some silly secrets and this weeks installment of Whispering Wednesday
I’m going to start a few “furniture” projects once we get settled in our new home.
I’m going to keep a picture journal of the moving process to share with you.
I’m looking into getting my bicycle fixed up so when/if the rains stop I’ll have some wheels to get around on.
I will only miss a few things about moving…. two are some foliage that glows deeps oranges and reds in the fall, and I’ll miss the amount of birds we get here. (I’m buying a bird feeder!)
I really want to buy a departing gift for my Evil Overlord…. The movie “Despicable Me” (but he’s not getting another red cent from us.)
I packed again today and am sitting in a pool of sweat while I type this out to you. I managed four large boxes from the kitchen/living room/bathroom. One thing to be thankful for is that we live in small quarters so we haven’t been able to accumulate A LOT of stuff. Just enough to wear you out while packing. I’ve only a few smaller sized boxes left at the moment so I’ll have to pack those carefully… then I have some rather large boxes that will need “lighter” items in them so they don’t get dropped in transport. Oh the strategery of packing!
It’s already Wednesday and the week is flying by. I got an email from our Realtor this morning saying that we would likely hear “something” by Friday. It’s growing increasingly more frustrating and now that the packing process has truly begun it will be very stressful to live in a boxed up home. So say your prayers that things go through quickly and accordingly!
My Whispering Wednesday secrets this week are:
- I’m dreading like crazy the process of packing up my desk.
- I’m proud of myself for tossing the junk and getting huge piles ready for donations. It’s going to be a wonderful fresh start!
- I have not seen nor spoken to my Overlord and his wife since this whole mess unfolded.
- I have neglected my Facebook Profile with just minimal postings as I am SO busy house hunting, packing and praying for a reply from our Short Sale.
- Tonight’s dinner is Cheese Ravioli with mushrooms and green onions with Chicken tenderloins on the side. (cleaning freezer… hah!)
I’ll see you back soon… and I hope to shout that I have some good news to share with you. God Bless and keep the Faith!